CKBC Launches Centralized HR Pilot
Through conversations with the Canoe Kayak BC, member clubs have expressed constraints around recruitment and hiring of new staff, coaches and volunteers. The main area of concern is related to the numerous hours that member clubs are investing in the recruitment and hiring process, ultimately detracting from the time required to offer exceptional programming to existing and prospective members.
In keeping with CKBC’s 4 Pillars of Success, the Centralized HR Pilot Project will aim to enhance membership support in offering member clubs resources to assist with employee/volunteer talent recruitment.
- Enhance membership support specific to recruiting and hiring staff/coaches/volunteers to allow clubs to continually execute exceptional programming for their members
- In providing centralized HR processes, it is CKBC’s goal that member clubs can invest time on the continuous growth of their organization and program offerings
- The immediate intended result of the Centralized HR Pilot is to save member clubs time and resources that were otherwise spent on recruitment and hiring of staff/coaches/volunteers. In centralizing HR processes through CKBC, clubs can invest time into what matters most, offering exceptional programming for current and prospective members
- Greater visibility of opportunities within the paddle sport sector
- Broader reach of potential candidates for paddle sport job opportunities
- Cohesiveness in recruitment of staff and volunteers among paddle clubs
- Enriched communication between CKBC and member clubs regarding program needs and opportunities
- Availability for additional recruitment and onboarding resources for clubs as required
CKBC Centralized Job Posting Form
Information & Documentation Needed:
- Club Name
- Main contact for the hiring process at the club. Be sure to include the following:
- Name & position within the club
- Email address
- Phone number
- Position title you are hiring for (i.e., Assistant Coach, Youth Camp Coach, etc.)
- A job description document for the position being posted. The document should be made available in a PDF or .docx format. Please ensure the description includes:
- Position title
- Application Deadline
- General job description and scope of work (in an attached file, include information about the paddle club)
- Desired start date
- Contract end date (if applicable)
- Rate of pay or range of pay
- Working hours
- Required qualifications
- Required certifications
- Any other pertinent information to the position (i.e., travel requirements)
How to Access CKBC Centralized Job Postings:
- Once the required information has been gathered please provide the information to CKBC by filling out the CKBC Centralized Job Posting Form
- Upon receiving your job posting information, CKBC will upload the position(s) to the CKBC Job Board and associated Job Boards.
- As applicants apply, CKBC will screen and review each applicant. During this process a CKBC Staff Member will be in contact with the designated club contact to inform them of progress.
- Upon the closing of your job posting CKBC will contact you with a short list of suitable applicants for the club to proceed with initial interview(s).
- If additional resources are required for the final stages of hiring, CKBC will work independently with the Member Club to see them through the final interview and hiring process.
- After a candidate has been successfully secured, the posting will be removed from all Job Boards.